12 Jul Facts You Didn’t Know About Harrogate
With great links to local cities Leeds, Manchester and even London, Harrogate is a destination in the north of the country with the best of both worlds. The beautiful Yorkshire countryside sits right on its doorstep, a stone’s throw away from the breath-taking Yorkshire Dales.
– Charles Dickens visited Harrogate in 1858 and described it as €œthe queerest place with the strangest people in it leading the oddest lives … € We’ll let you form your own opinion …!
– The country’s last, fully working Turkish Bath remains in Harrogate, dating back to the 19th Century.
– Jim Carter (Downton Abbey) is from Harrogate.
– Famous crime novelist Agatha Christie disappeared from her Surrey home in 1926, causing a nationwide search which led to her being found in a Harrogate hotel.
– And finally, did you know we now have a showroom in Harrogate? Situated two minutes from the centre of Harrogate you’ll find us at Baines House, 2A Cheltenham Mount. See some of our lovely showroom images and more info, here!